Monday, May 14, 2007

Clothes: Made in China; Cars: Made in Japan

During my trip to the United States from March 5 to March 18, a term which is always mentioned by Americans is 'Made-in-China'.There is no doubt that Chinese manufacturers have made their products flood the American market to make a bundle of dollars. I should say be careful if you want to buy clothes, bags, shoes or electronic device produced by American manufacturers. When Americans talked about 'made-in-China' products, I always replied that I am proud of that because I am a Chinese.But I cannot deny that China lags behind Japan in high-technology products. Facts haunt me for two weeks: On the roads of New York and San Francisco, most of cars running are made-in-Japan by Japanese car manufacturer Toyota. TV sets in the hotels I stayed at are made-in-Japan by Japanese giant Toshiba. Even Japanese restaurants are much more popular than Chinese ones.But I should not be pessimistic. China is making progress and has eyed the huge American market.Americans know Qingdao-based Haier Group. And they have heard of automobiles produced by China's fast-growing Cherry Automotive.I am proud of made-in-china products, definitely but I hope there are more home-made high-tech products flooding the American market.

No comments: